People Going On Pilgrimage
- Some are seeking inspiration.
- Some desire a new perspective, a change of mind.
- Some are studying various spiritual paths.
- Some are seeking ways to reverse the destruction of life on the planet.
- Some are learning methods of meditation.
- Some are deeply questioning their life's purpose.
- Some are committed to the idea and practice of pilgrimage.
- Some are purifying their hearts, confusion giving way to clarity.
- Some don't know why they are making a pilgrimage, but are following their feelings and intuition.
- Some are interested in Buddhism or mountain practices, and want to hear dharma.
- Some want the time and setting to concentrate on a particular subject, or put into practice
religious instructions they've already received.
- Some are doing penance.
- Some are helpers, cooks, drivers, etc., or are accompanying another on her/his pilgrimage.
- Some want to be in harmony with the natural world.
- Some want the exercise of walking on a mountain.
- Some are curious or wish to observe.
- Some need to get away for a day.
- Some are spiritual adventurers, or just like to be on the road.
- Some want to calm their minds and find peace.
- Some are singers and writers looking for something to sing or write about.
- Some are carrying out their Bodhisattva Vows, realizing that leaving home is the
path of all the Buddhas.
Retour au bout | Back